Virus Name : Adware.AddLyrics
Alias : Trojan.Crossrider.1, PUP.Optional.Lyrics.A, WS.Reputation.1, Adware.AddLyrics (fs)
Virus type : Adware
level : Medium
This is an adware program displays ads related to your web browsing habits. It may be bundled with certain third-party software installation programs or can be downloaded from the program's website.
When the infected program is executed, it creates the following files:
Then it installs an add-on for Web browsers including chrome and firebox.It creates an uninstaller "AddLyrics" in the programs and features section of control panel and it can be uninstalled using this uninstaller. It updates daily by creating a scheduled Windows task and downloads updated versions from the web. It is also known as Trojan.Crossrider.1, PUP.Optional.Lyrics.A, WS.Reputation.1, Adware.AddLyrics (fs).
Removing AddLyrics adware Manually?
This adware may create an uninstaller "AddLyrics" or any related term that can be accessed from the Control Panel.
• For Windows 8, 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Programs and features >Uninstall a Program
• For XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs
If an uninstaller is not available or if you do not want to use the uninstaller that is provided, you can use the Solo Antivirus to remove this adware from your computer.
How can I protect my
Solo has incorporated
Adware.AddLyrics in its signature file to
protect users from this malware attack. Solo
antivirus registered users are already protected
from this adware. Make sure that you have
installed registered version of Solo Antivirus to
protect your system from all virus threats.
Also you should follow safe computing procedure given below to avoid malware threats.
• Downloading Operating system updates frequently or set it to update automatically to fix vulnerabilities.
• By disabling Autorun for (CD/USB) you can stop pen drive viruses
• Do not allow file sharing or protect it with a strong password
• While browsing the web, do not allow unnecessary activeX and other downloads in your system.
• Do not open suspicious email attachments.
to remove this Adware?
antivirus can detect and remove Adware.AddLyrics safely. If you are already
infected with this adware, you can remove it from
your computer using Solo Antivirus software.
Use the following link to Download
30 day trial version of Solo antivirus
to remove viruses from your computer.
Solo anti-virus not only
scans for all viruses, it contains a unique System
Integrity Checker to protect you from
New Internet Worms, Backdoors and
malicious VB, Java Scripts. It also
effectively removes all existing Internet Worms,
File viruses, malicious VB, Java scripts, Trojans,
Backdoors, boot sector, partition table and macro
purchase Solo antivirus using the link